Friday, November 02, 2007

No wrongs, Just Wright!

A fearless conservationist, Belinda talks to TSI about the threats and challenges that imperil India’s forests and its denizens

1. How easy was it for Belinda Wright to fit in with respect to Indian wildlife, both as her role as a wildlife filmmaker and photographer as well as a conservationist?
I was born in India in 1950s and our country’s wildlife has been my only profession and abiding interest, all my life. I spent much of my childhood in the jungles of Eastern India. When I started my career as a wildlife photographer, the only problem I had was actually getting to such remote areas. Everybody was always welcoming and very helpful, and it certainly helped that my mother, Anne Wright, was such a well-known wildlife conservationist. She was a member of the Government of India’s Indian Board for Wildlife for nineteen years and on the six-member committee that was set up by the late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, to identify the first nine Tiger Reserves and establish Project Tiger.

For Complete IIPM Article, Click on IIPM Article

Source : IIPM Editorial, 2007

An
IIPM and Professor Arindam Chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist) Initiative

No comments: